Saturday, March 27, 2010

the start of a good goodbye in Barcelona



All things come to an end, and, as for modern electronics, life comes to an end very very fast to the demise of our resources, health, and overall quality of life. I have been using the first model of Leica's D-Lux since it was releazed and, for the past year and a half, the quality of this camera dropped incredibly. No one can tell me why. The camera just started to produce low quality images which are heavily pixelated, no matter how they are made.

In other times, cameras and other electronics were made to last. The consumer neurosis in which we exist today has made it so that companies produce products which are practically disposable, like this camera.

So, as I prepare for a trip to California, where I will (unfortunately) have to purchase a new point and shoot camera, I say my goodbye to the D-Lux in Barcelona. It's one more piece of equipment which has been doomed. Visible in its demise is the entire basis of our modern life. Garbage production and accumulation. I guess this all makes me a bit pessimistic.

No comments: