Monday, April 5, 2010

tech talk, let's make it short


I am always bored at camera talk. Yup! I have been working with photographic aparatus for twelve years, but cannot bare to talk about it. I would rather be shooting. So, I shall make this short. I just purchased the Canon 7D. These are two images from the first test shoot, a location scouting for Kiera Mickiewicz's and Bradford Anderson's wedding, to take place on April 10th in Clarksburg, California.

My two assistants and I went to The Old Sugar Mill in Clarksburg, California to perform what I call a "terrain recognition mission." I had never shot at that location before, and went to check it out and test my lights before the wedding day.

As for the 7D, what can I say? It's another ultra overpriced, super fragile camera, which will probably only last me two years tops, as all of the others have. My old faithful, on the other hand, my favorite camera, is the Canon AE-1, made in the 70's and in full operating conditions. I have never had one single problem with it... It surely upsets me that camera (and all other electronic equipment) is made to be disposable in our era...

For more information about the location, go here: http://www.oldsugarmill.com/

No comments: