Tuesday, April 20, 2010

testing the Canon G11, my new point and shoot

Las bellas chicas coloreadas del máster en producción artística de la Universidad de Barcelona

El beso de los coches

La primavera ha llegado al edifício de la facultad de física de la UB

Overall I am much happier with the new Canon G11 than with the old Leica D-Lux. However, as with all little digital cameras, the G11 has a little delay and does not like low light situations. Well, as they say in Barcelona, "asi es," or, that's how it is. Nothing can be done about it, such is the reality with the digital imagery technology...

I do recommend this camera. It's small enough and camera enough to always have it with me in my bag anytime I need it. The large cameras (7D, 5D) are just too bulky and heavy to have around all the time, especially since I have back pain.

My favorite feature on the G11 is the video. It works quite nicely, I like the quality even though it's such a tiny camera. Well, that is, of couse, taking light in consideration. In low light situations it's not even worth taking out the camera most of the time, as the result will be a mushy dark soup of pixels.

No comments: